Thursday, March 3, 2011

~Spring Formal(s)~

Okay, so I know it’s been a while since I have been on.  However, I am back – at least for now (=

With being at two co-ops this semester, I have the opportunity to go to two spring formals/dances. 

It’s the first time that Learning Tree Co-op is doing a dance, and I have to be honest..it’s taken me a while to decide whether I want to go or not.  There are a few variables that have had me trying to decide.  For one, I am the second oldest at Learning Tree and my friend Alyssa is not even a year older than me.  So my question was : who will there even be to dance with?  After all, the oldest of the guys are 1 1/2 to 2 years younger than me.  Not to mention the fact that I am taller than all of them.  The dance is a little more structured than I kinda would have liked, but we’re gonna have some structured dance ‘lessons’ as part of the dance.  So it will be a good experience and I’ll learn some ballroom dancing. 

Cornerstone Co-op has a spring dance it sounds like every year, and this is my second semester there so I have decided I am going to that one.  I’m not sure what that one is going to be like, but the co-op is geared towards High Schoolers and there are quite a few more kids there, so it seems like that one would be fun too.

Today we went to several places looking for a dress for Learning Tree and/or Cornerstone’s spring formals.  After a consignment shop, a Goodwill, and THREE Plato’s Closets (even going up to an hour away to find a dress) – this is what I found. (=

100_2752 

The green dress I am planning on wearing to Learning Tree’s dance.  Since it’s long & such I think it will be good for the ballroom dances we’re learning (the Waltz, Swing, Rumba, & Salsa).

The pinkish-black one I am probably going to wear to Cornerstone’s formal, depending on their restrictions & dress code. (: 

The green dress we got for $18 & the pink one for $10.  Can I just say that second hand is awesome!! =D  

100_2753

=)

No comments: