Saturday, March 20, 2010

~Happy Official Start of Spring!~

Happy official start of spring to you all!  It's funny, because yesterday it was snowing!  The North Dakota 'weather fairy' really needs to get her seasons straight!  Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like it's super cold up here!  It's in the high to low 40s.  Ha, joy to the world...spring time and it's in the forties!  I'm so jealous of all my friends and family in Ohio who are getting to enjoy the 70 degree weather.  One of my friends went shopping with her mom today and she said she got to go out in shorts, flip flops, and a tee!  I would love to be wearing shorts, flip flops (though I prefer my Converse sneakers), and a graphic tee!  Right now I'm stuck wearing jeans and a tee with a sweatshirt over.  Not too bad, yeah, but I still want to be in shorts! 
I guess, as a look on the bright side, we get to enjoy some snow still! (If the snow can still be enjoyed at this point) We have found an enjoyment in snowboarding down the hills on our 6 acres.  The snow, though melting, has become a sheet of ice!  It's very weird.  We were snowboarding down the smaller hill next to our house.  Well, with the snow having a top sheep of ice, while going down it's very slippery.  It's still super fun, though!  I went down and got so much speed that I wasn't slowing down at the bottome of the small hill as I usually would.  Instead, I kept picking up speed and I ended up running into our fence!

We do have a lot of snow gone, but there is still a lot of snow on the ground!  I'm hoping that we will be snow free by the time we leave for Iowa/Ohio.  I don't think we will, though.  I'm sure when I get back to North Dakota with my grandparents that we will DEFINITELY be snow free! (Unless, of course, they get more snow in June or whenever they did last year!) 

Any who, HAPPY SPRING!

=)


No comments: