Wednesday, December 23, 2009

~It's a Bird; It's a Plane; It's Mackenzie!~

Now that you know what one of Zack's favorite things to do is, I thought I could share what Kenz likes to do. She is our family's little gymnast. She's been doing gymnastics off and on for a few years now. She started off in Pickerington, OH, at Fitness and Fun (no longer there). The instruction there was great! (I actually did stuff there for a few years when I was younger, just as Zack did). Well, when the gym closed, Kenzie wanted to go find another place where she could continue her lessons. Everywhere we went, they were either too competitive, or the equiptment was too big for small Mackenzie.

So, since she couldn't find anywhere to take lessons from, I would work with her at home. Now that we have moved, she has been taking lessons at Bismarck Gymnastics Academy. And she passed beginner plus/intermediate and is to go to advanced. In my oppinion, she knew enough and how to do things to go to advanced, but since we didn't know their requirements Mom put her in the beginner plus/intermediate. Let's just say she didn't have trouble passing that class.

We have a gymnastics mat from when I did gymnastics, and I have been working with her. Dad has also been working with her on her walk-over and such. Dad used to walk on his hands, flip, and do other stuff like that, so Dad can give her more input on techniques with that stuff. When we have the mat outside, we can do running front handsprings, but when the mat is inside we have to just work on cartwheels, different kinds of handstands, or round-offs.

Kenz and I took some action shots -if you will- last night and some of them are kinda goofy...


Here Kenzie is practicing her stability on handstands against the wall.


Time for a cartwheel...


OK, so then I attempted to do a front handspring inside. Do you see the black rail in the back? That's our air-hockey table, and I started 'running' from there. Not fun...you have to bend excessively and then you land on your butt! =)


LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!!!


Always finish with a nice 'ta-da'!


Straddle handstand against the wall...

She's still working on her splits. She's getting there...


Yay all the wall practice is paying off. lol!
Now if only she will just go down and practice without me. She knows how to do everything she can inside, she just needs to practice. =)

No comments: