I thought I could put up a post a tell everyone what's been going on lately.
To start off with, I am super excited about the weather today! The wind might be blowing, but air temp is 32* almost above freezing! The weather has been so drastically cold, every time I would walk down our not-too-long, but not-too-short driveway to get the mail, if I would inhale through my mouth it would instantly make me cough. The air has been (and is in general) so dry out here! Even my ears would be hurting by the time I got back inside, AND I would be wearing a hat that covers my ears! It has been insane so far, dealing with the already negative air temps and then adding 10-30 or so mph winds along with them!
It is cool to see the snow drift (or just plain glide) across our back field. The snow drift in front of our front window keeps growing. According to the Weather Channel, we are due for PM snow showers, and it could also bring sleet with it. Joy...NOT!
Leaving the weather. . .
Some of you may know, but I started a children's choir at our church the first week of Advent. We had been having choir practice before the 7 o'clock services. This is my first time directing a choir (even though the kids are between the ages of 8 & 12) but I was still kind of hoping that someone could help me out. Well, after directing the kids the whole 4 weeks of Advent, we took Christmas and such off and are starting back up this coming Wendesday.
When my Grandma Karen (and Grandpa Doug) came out in November, she and I went to the church and recorded about 7 songs on tape. Yes, I can play the piano, but the choir songs are a little more complicated, so I asked her if she could help me record some songs so we'd at least have music to practice and perform to. (I will eventually figure out all the sheet music and will be able to play the piano with the kids...Eventually.) Now that we have passed Advent a Christmas, I'm down to 1 song to go along with the church calendar. All the other songs are just whenever, but I want to be able to have them sing a song each month that corresponds with the church calendar. Thankfully, one of the high schoolers at our church has a choir background, and come to find out she alsos does a little piano and she does guitar! I am way more relaxed now that she can help out with the choir and the music. She and I can even play our guitars along with the kids, so then we don't have to deal with the tape player.
After calling all the families last week, we have decided to do choir on Wednesday nights. Well, there are only 8 kids in the choir, and I hope to eventually get more in.
To make it fun, and since all the families except one have older kids in confirmation that same night, we are having practice from 7 o'clock to 7:30pm, and then from 7:30pm to 8 o'clock we are having activity time. Hoping everything works out.
I am also super excited because I get to sing in a homeschool choir. YAY! That starts February 3rd, and it is on Wednesdays from 3-4 o'clock. My Wednesdays are about to be filled with singing. lol. . .
Well I think that's all for now. Keep checking back for more.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment